ABOUT EL ZOCALO
El Zocalo will be a 30-unit, new construction, affordable housing development for individuals and families in Chicago.
The project will serve a critical need in the community by providing quality, affordable rental apartments in the Brighton Park neighborhood. UPholdings is partnering with the Back of the Yards Neighborhood Council (BYNC) to help realize the organization's mission statement: to “enhance the general welfare of all residents, organizations, and businesses in our service area.” BYNC provides economic development programs, education programs, and transportation services for the elderly, adult, and youth groups. All of these programs and services will be made available to El Zocalo residents.
The property is steps away from neighborhood amenities, including a grocery store, shopping plazas, and transportation. The building features laundry on-site, a parking lot, and a secure entry system. The building exterior and interiors will have a modern look and each apartment will have spacious floor plans and appliances including a stove, fridge, dishwasher, microwave, and garbage disposal.
Project Type: Multifamily
Total Number of Units: 30
• 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom — 10
• 2 bedroom / 1 bathroom — 10
• 3 bedroom / 1.5 bathroom — 10
• Community room
• Property management office
• Office/retail on the first floor
• Green and energy-efficient design components
4651 S. Spaulding Ave.
3246-56 W. 47th Street
Chicago, IL 60632
Phone: (773) 373-0370
Nonprofit Partner: Back of the Yards Neighborhood Council
• Lenox Hill Construction
Year Completed: Anticipated Winter 2020
• 9% LIHTC Equity — Illinois Housing Development Authority, National Equity Fund
• Illinois Housing Development Authority Multifamily Loan
• City of Chicago Multifamily Loan
• Chicago Low Income Housing Trust Fund
• Illinois Department on Aging Bridge Subsidy
Please email to be notified when the leasing interest list will open.
Para la traducción al español, envíe un correo electrónico a email@example.com.