THIS IS A COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS MANAGEMENT ROLE - COORDINATING AND MANAGING A VARIETY OF COMMUNITY PROGRAMS IN OUR ONGOING EFFORT TO SUPPORT AND BE HIGHLY INVOLVED IN THE COMMUNITIES WE MANAGE AND BEYOND.
UPholdings is an affordable housing real estate company that focuses on holistic wrap around services as a part of our model. We understand that safe, stable housing is the cornerstone to living a better, more fulfilling life. The Community Initiatives Manager is responsible for implementing a framework for residents, management staff and local service providers to collectively contribute to the well-being of our communities.
SUMMARY JOB DESCRIPTION
The position will work closely with individual Property Managers across a regional portfolio as well as the onsite community-based service providers, under the leadership of the Director of Partnerships. We are looking for an individual who is able to work independently on projects as well as be collaborative in group settings. The Community Service Manager is responsible for assisting with the coordination of holistic wrap around service plans and implementation tools for identified properties or future properties. This includes in the development stage, assisting in partner identification and roles based on the CER (Community Empowerment Roadmap), through lease up and resident occupation. This position is responsible for monthly and annual outcome reporting based on compliance requirements as well as the vision of the general community, residents, funders and local service focused organizations.This position supports projects in pursuit of additional community partners, writing funding applications and onboarding partners, and must be skilled in public speaking and advocacy to represent the Company in various settings.
● Conduct all business in accordance with the UPA, LLC policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
● Provide written reports documenting meetings/communications with services to include but are not limited to site activities, systems in place to encourage tenant lease compliance and foster resident responsibility.
● Host and coordinate resident meetings and activities to foster an environment of community; support community meetings and training to assist in creating a healthy community for PSH tenants.
● Implement and support the use of Community Empowerment Roadmap at current properties
● Lead and organize check in meetings around delivery of CER services at specific sites, including follow up and action steps
● Support Service coordinator and Property manager through resources and partner connections that will positively impacting residents
● Support transition between development and operation team as it relates to service partners and service/outcome commitments
● Identify additional local and regional partners and opportunities based on residents
● Support the collection of data and impact at assigned properties (share the story)
● Assist with coordinating Community Information Boards at assigned properties
● Supports resident meetings and activities to build a strong community
● Performs any additional duties as assigned by the Director of Partnerships
● 3-5 years minimum working with historically marginalized or underrepresented communities around service planning and delivery
● Knowledge of various data collection and reporting methods. 5+ years working with multiple service partners on service delivery, grant reporting and data collection
● Understanding of mental health services and experience working with providers, partners and clients a must
● Degree in a related field is preferred
● Experience with supervision
● Proficient in microsoft and Google applications. Strong communicator with great written and verbal abilities
Work Hours and Travel:
This position will support a regional portfolio throughout the Chicagoland or NW Indiana and Ohio region and will regularly travel to all properties, often working with a particular property for several weeks at a time. Position includes monthly travel stipend.