ABOUT ALDER PLACE
Alder Place will be a mixed-use, three-story building in the heart of the North Harbor neighborhood of East Chicago, IN. Once completed, residential units will be primarily located in the upper floors. The project will target low-income individuals and small families, with an emphasis on single-parent households.
Alder Place was conceived through the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority’s Moving Forward 3.0 program (through which tax credits 3 were secured in December of 2018), and the project enjoys the strong support of the state agency, the local government, and various regional partners.
The project will include a solar panel array to offset utility costs and energy consumption, and residents will benefit for a robust service plan that was carefully designed to empower households to break from entrenched, multigenerational cycles of poverty.
Property Type: Multifamily
Total Number of Units: 28
• 1 bedroom / 1 bathroom — 16
• 2 bedroom / 1 bathroom — 12
• Federally Qualified Health Clinic, approximately 5,000 sq. ft. in size, which will be open to the public as well as residents, and will be operated by HealthLinc, Inc.
• A large ‘community hub’ service space, where residents and neighbors alike will have access to regular programming and supportive services geared to enhancing health, economic security, educational achievement, and personal wellbeing.
• Solar panels
2301 Broadway St.
East Chicago, IN 46312
Service Provider: HealthLinc, Inc. Development Partners: Cordogan Clark and Associates
Year Completed: TBD
• 9% Tax Credit Equity — Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority
• City of East Chicago, IN
Project Based Subsidies: East Chicago Housing Authority